You’ve got questions … we’ve got answers. If you have not yet asked or answered a question in FindLaw’s Answers community, what are you waiting for? This amazing free resource supports a dynamic community of legal consumers and attorneys helping each other out. Simple as that.
We see a lot of great questions in our Answers community every day. Here’s a look at some recent questions relating to injuries and accidents from our FindLaw Answers boards:
- My friend was driving and got us into a multi-car accident. I got a bad case of whiplash from the accident. I don’t necessarily want to sue my own friend, but I need to do something to help cover my medical expenses. Should I just sue the other drivers? Or the other drivers and my friend?
Suing a friend? That can definitely be a bit of an awkward situation. The good news is that as a passenger, you probably won’t come up against an issue of fault when trying to recover for a whiplash injury. So it will likely be easy for this poster to file a claim against the friend, as well as the other drivers.
In these types of cases, it’s often a good idea to consult with a personal injury attorney beforehand. An attorney will be able to assess the circumstances surrounding the accident, help determine the issues of fault and liability, and advise the injured party on the best way to proceed with the case — even if that means suing a friend. If you find yourself in this situation, you can have your claim reviewed for free by an accident attorney in your area.
- I was injured in a slip-and-fall accident a while back at a supermarket. I meant to file a claim against the store, but I got so caught up with other things — trying to recover from the injury, a job loss, and taking care of an ill family member — that I never got around to suing. Is it too late to do anything?
Even if you’re not a chronic procrastinator, life can become overwhelming. If that’s the case for you, suing may not be at the very top of your to-do list. But don’t let your injury fall completely off your radar.
Most personal injury claims are bound by statute of limitations laws, which require that a case be filed within a certain amount of time. Each state has its own set of statute of limitations, generally with limits varying according to the type of accident of injury. You will want to look into filing a personal injury claim as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney can let you know exactly when your case needs to be filed to preserve the claim.
These are just a couple examples of some of the trending personal injury questions being asked on our Answers boards. We know that dealing with an injury or another legal issue can be confusing, Answers is a great place to find resources, get advice, and get connected with an attorney!
- Have an injury claim? Get your claim reviewed for free. (Consumer Injury)
- Top Personal Injury Legal Questions From FindLaw Answers (FindLaw’s Injured)
- Reasons To Hire An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney (FindLaw’s Injured)
Originally Seen On: http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2015/07/trending-personal-injury-questions-from-findlaw-answers-1.html